One A Day – 872
Mtro. Jose Luis Galvez
Fast and Furious
Into the Light
In His Moment
On the Steinway
- Cuerdas de Luz, Homenaje a la Mtra Gellya Dubrova
- Orquestra del Conservatorio de las Rosas, Director Mtro Jose Luis Galvez
- Centro, Morelia, Michoacán, México
- September 1, 2016
- Copyright, all rights reserved
This was a concert in honor of the passing of a great artist and teacher by the Conservatorio. I don’t think there was anyone in the group that wasn’t touched by Gellya Dubrova in some way. It was a very moving tribute by a motivated orchestra. There are several more photos in this set – and I am releasing them today in a bonus set.
I’ve always loved following through to the printed version of my photos. It has been years since I was able to put my work to paper. That is changing this week. I have a new, high quality photo printer sitting next to me on a table next to a new desk. It is the start of a chapter I have waited for a long time. I have been working through the steps:
- Trying local printers. It turns out that the only quality photo printing available is done in Mexico City and Guadalajara – except for people like me who have decided to go ahead and make it possible for themselves.
- Looking for a printer that would have supplies (paper, ink) available locally or at least easily ordered
- Finding a local shop that would frame and mount my photos at the quality I wanted and at a a reasonable price.
It has taken a lot of research and walking, believe me. I have solved all the problems – now, I’m just waiting impatiently for the paper I’ve ordered to arrive…