One a Day – 129
Meat Loaf Special
- Amati Cafe
- Centro Histórico, Morelia, Michoacán, México
- June 15, 2013
- Copyright, all rights reserved
My friends at Amati have started serving specials on Saturday. If you are not going, you really need to try it. Last week, they featured a nicely seasoned paella, this week – a very special meatloaf.
In a clockwise direction, the meal featured:
- Smashed new potatoes with butter
- A fresh green salad with tomatoes, carrots, and croutons
- A generous slice of a sophisticated meatloaf that was topped with egg and dried prunes on a bed of white rice.
- Bread, optional (I decided I didn’t need it)
Overall, it was nicely balanced and well-flavored. The meal itself was 60 pesos. I pared it with a local microbrew from Mythica – Strong Stout – which turned out to be an excellent choice. Total with beer – 100 pesos. That, with the calm, comfortable atmosphere of a cafe on a rainy afternoon made my day.